At Messiah, we don't feel we have to serve. We get to serve! In these busy lives of ours, are we willing to be inconvenienced to serve God? We serve God by serving others and joyfully doing so. There are many opportunities for each and every one of us to share our gifts with our church family and community.
Time and Talent Survey
Volunteer Information and Guidelines
These links will open documents explaining instructions and guidelines for specific volunteer positions.
- Communion Assistants - set up, commune worshipers, clean up
- Greeters - greet all visitors and members as they enter the church
- Ushers - pass out bulletins, collect attendance slips and offering, dismiss pews for communion, etc.
- Assisting Ministers - work alongside the pastor to lead worship
- Readers - read lessons and psalms during worship
Volunteer Background Check
If you plan to volunteer in a capacity where you will be working with children or the elderly, please print this background check release form and turn it in to the church office.
We really do need everyone's help in making the ministries that we offer successful as we seek to answer God's call to love. Our programs are here for a reason. From assisting with making our Sunday worship experiences warm and welcoming, to teaching our children and youth the power of having Christ in our lives, to maintaining our church home, to serving others through many mission outreach opportunities, there is truly something for everyone. Everyone needs a ministry...what is yours? Please contact us for more information about the many opportunities for ministry at Messiah.